Friday, January 8, 2010

I got Rythym



Bookmark and Share

Recently I have met a few new people and when asked my interests I mention that one of my favourite pastimes is playing guitar. I usually get a response such as I always wanted to learn guitar but I never had time and it looks too hard. I tell them my story which was similar that I happened to be looking through a secondhand shop and I saw this fantastic looking acoustic guitar for only $20 only thing wrong it had no strings. Spur of the moment I bought it anyway took it home and it sat there for a bit then I thought I must do something with it but I didn't know how to string it, tune it or for that matter play it, being pre internet days I took a trip to the local music shop, purchased a set of strings, Beginners Learn to Play Guitar Book and a Beginners Music Book full of Beatles songs. The guy at the shop told me how to go about stringing it. Well I got the strings on the guitar and followed the books instructions on how to tune it. I think it took me several hours, much easier these days I use an electronic tuner most of the time although it is good ear training to tune manually.

Over the next couple of weeks I learnt some basic chords and pretty soon I could play songs from my book.

25 years on I still love playing the guitar, I have a collection of 2 acoustic guitars, a 12 string acoustic guitar and 2 electric guitars. I have also taught a number of students how to play.
My advice to anyone wanting to learn the guitar is to go and buy yourself a guitar and purchase an online guitar lesson program such as Jamorama which explains everything about playing very simply. I have looked at a few such programs and this is the one that I would highly recommend. If after a while you get more serious you may decide to have one on one personal tuition, but to give yourself the best start in playing try Jamorama.
 
GOOD LUCK & HAPPY GUITAR PLAYING






No comments:

Post a Comment